Saturday, September 22, 2012

Conair Bun Maker


Running late for work today, I decided not to dry my hair and just threw it up in a bun. Since my hair is heavily layered on top and then I have clip in hair extensions, the layers tend to fall out of the bun.

I decided to stop at Ulta and pick up a bun maker by Conair. Many stores sell this such as CVS and Walgreens. I paid $4.99 for it. The package included the mesh bun, 4 pins, and a hair tie.


Many of my friends use different bun makers to make a sock bun so I figured it could not be that hard!

 I looked up a few different how-to videos on youtube to see how other people were putting in the bun.
Since my hair is so layered at the top, many videos did not work with my hair style.

If you have very layered hair, you can still do the sock bun look!

1.       Make a pony tail on top of your head.
2.       Take the mesh bun maker and put it through the pony tail to the base near your hair tie.
3.       Pull the mesh bun about half way up the pony tail.
4.       Start wrapping your hair around the bun maker and rolling it down towards the base of the ponytail.
5.       This will create the perfect bun, but you may have a few strands hanging out of the bun.
6.       Use the pins in the kit and since the bun maker is mesh you can push the pin all the way through the bun so it is not visible!
7.       Use hairspray or bobby pins to keep the fly a ways down and you have the perfect sock bun look!

No comments:

Post a Comment